Friday, January 22, 2010

I am angry

Too long to type out again, so I will just copy/past the email I sent to Acer Computers Australia.

This is going to be a long email, and please read it, don't just scan it and send a form letter in return.

In December, I bought a magazine which had your new Acer Aspire Prestige with the Intel® Core™2 Quad processor, 6 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig DDR3 memory on the video. I went to DiscWorld in Myaree, showed it to Paul, DiscWorld owner and manager, and he called Acer distributor. I was right there when he ordered it. He made it clear it was the high end machine that was required. I paid in full.

When what I thought was my computer arrived, I picked it up, brought it home, set it up. After the "recovery discs" creation, I checked the system stats. Imagine my surprise when I saw the low 3.9 Windows experience level due to video. I then crawled through the specifications. Although I ordered and paid for the Quad Core, your distributor sent the Core 2 Duo. I checked the box the computer came in, and discovered that the distributor sneakily put a shipping label over the area of the box where the specifications were, or the owner of DiscWorld would have sent it right back.


Upon discovering this, Paul, the owner of DiscWorld, and I have been playing phone tag and excuse mill with Acer.

1: When ordered, neither Paul or I were told that this computer was exclusive to any particular store chain.
2: The Acer distributor/seller sent the wrong one, knowing full well that wasn't what was ordered, as the need for the higher end machine was fully explained.
3: Acer refuses to send the right one.

I am a long time Acer computer user (Extensa 2000, Aspire 5735 , Travelmate 4230 laptops and a Aspire Netbook) and am disgusted with the way you have handled this. I am also forwarding this to others, as I feel that now that the excuse of the Holidays is long past, Acer should have rectified this error by now.

Next stop, Australia Consumer Protection



No comments:

Post a Comment