Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's alive! It's ALIVE!

A few days after Christmas/Yule there was a power outtage. The On/Off/On/Off variety, and then our 3 yr old stove top stopped working. We called where we got it, and got the 'brand of appliance appropriate' electrician out here to check it. Turns out the power surges fried one of the switches, and popped the fuse in the breaker. One of the other switches was making funny fizzing noises, so we got that one replaced as well, rather than have him come back out in a few months time to fix that one.

The pool water was a bit cloudy, more than likely a calcium build up. So, I got my old bath brush, and a siphon hose. I used the water in the pool to clean it with the brush, and then used the siphon hose to pull out the dirt that settled in the botton. I also drained about half the pool water out (10 watering cans I lugged to use it on the garden, potted plants/trees, and the orange tree). I cleaned the water filter, and then refilled the pool. Added bleach to, waited 1 hour, and got it. Blessed relief again. Back pain has vamoosed again. Has been gone for (looks at the clock) six hours and counting.

I think I am going to try to figure out a way to keep the water warm during what passes for winter down here.

Put the "Simba training" into practice for the first time today. He went after Ziggy, he got locked in the bathroom for 5 minutes. You should have heard his yowling! You would have thought he was being tortured!



No comments:

Post a Comment