Friday, January 22, 2010

Sometimes not waiting is the better way to do things

Although I submitted an email to Acer, concerning the 'bait and switch' done to me, I decided to call their toll free number. Yes, I know, optimistic of me.

After 45 minutes on hold, I spoke to one person. He started with the passing the buck, laying the blame routines we have all come to know and loathe. "We have no control", "Manager of the store should have inspected the product" (in regards to the distributor putting shipping label OVER the panel of the box with the specifications), etc etc. I finally raised my voice and said "None of that matters. I ordered the top end machine, the order was confirmed and verified. The wrong machine was sent out, and Acer refuses to correct this."

I got transferred to Customer Service. On hold for another 30 minutes. (I had to switch handsets as the one I was using, the battery was getting low). All I can say is I finally got to talk to someone who had a more than just a modicum of "Customer Service" in mind. She listened to me, asked questions, and also agreed I had every right to be upset at the run around I am getting. J took all my information, and contacted Paul at DiscWorld (she has to verify my complaint) and since I did order and pay for the top end, they will send it to DiscWorld as a one off. It does turn out that even their website is incorrect. ONLY Hardly Normal (aka Harvey Norman) is authorized to sell this machine, not all the others listed. (according to the Acer website, , this machine isn't 'exclusive' to one store only. Chances are they will change this now that I pointed it out. )

Here's hoping I'm not being lead around on a merry chase again.



1 comment:

  1. Entertaining question, one that i have inquired on before, as well. Some privy folks can even declare you should be careful when asking questions of this kind.

    ReplyDelete