Thursday, January 28, 2010

Merry Chase, thy name is Acer Customer Service

Joyce, of Acer Customer support, who appeared to be fixing the problem with the "Wrong" computer being shipped turns out to be just another shill for the company. She said she was trying to get "Blue Chip" the Acer distributor to give her information that she needed, and maybe I should called the Sales department. (2nd verse same as the first) This time, though I had the direct dial number, rather than the toll free.

I spoke to a drone named Andy, who hemmed, hawed, tried to pass the buck, and even though he was told I don't have a car, and have difficulity getting from point A to point B, came up with this brilliant f**king suggestion: Get a refund from DiscWorld and go get the computer at Hardly Normal. While I was talking to Andy on the landline, I had Paul on my other ear on my mobile? So he got to hear the entire thing, especially since I pretty much parroted the bullshit Andy was shoveling out.

I admit got angry.

Through gritted teeth, I icily asked "So, why the hell didn't one of any of you the past 6 weeks tell us this? Why weren't we told immediately? Why the whole song and dance, passing the buck, trying to fix the blame onto someone rather than fixing the problem?"

I got the brilliant reply "I dunno"

"Well, you had better come up with a better answer and quick, because I am going to submit this entire disaster of customer service to Australia Consumer Protection." (I did,and I cc'ed it to Paul and Joyce)

Paul was trying not to laugh, and he said that he hopes I never get angry with him.

So, Plan B. Paul will go to HN, pick it up, put in my old harddrive, I'll pay the difference, and then he'll deliver it here. Would have been so much simpler and less stressful had they been honest at the outset, instead of playing games, hoping I would just go away.



No comments:

Post a Comment