Friday, January 29, 2010

Saw the dietitian yesterday

I was brutally honest with every morsel of food I eat, including the 3 gummi bears I ate the day before yesterday. After she looked it all over, she said it's excellent. That what I am eating and the amounts should be leading to weight loss, and it's not. Instead, even though my thyroid meds have the T4 levels ok, my weight won't go down, and now I have become insulin resistant. Combine that with my good level of activity, my weight should be going down.

Turns out that Dr N is more a homeopathic, and natural remedy GP. But there are no 'natural' remedies for T3 (not T4) hormone can NOT be found that way. I told him that I had the same problem when I was in the US, and that Dr R gave me Cytomel. But my metabolism had been depressed for so long, I was also put on legal 'speed' to get my heart rate, blood pressure etc up. After 2 weeks of that, and then 3 weeks of Cytomel, the weight started coming off. I don't want to have to wait until that happens again. If he keeps refusing to proscribe the same meds I used to take when I was in the US, I will find another GP who will.



No comments:

Post a Comment