Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I don't like being put in the middle

Wing works for a mining company. This entails that he travels to Zambia.

Now, the 'middle' is this: Wing's mother has been on his case about his taking a more local job (aka NO TRAVELING). He has been offered and has taken a permanent position with this company. He hasn't told her that he as accepted, and he didn't tell me he hadn't told her.

That left me flat footed when she called the other day trying to recruit me into pressuring Wing quit his 'current' job and find something local. Luckily she was so wrapped into her plans to make Wing quit his job I was able to cover and make all the appropriate noises.

He can man up, grow a pair, and tell her himself.

Also, what bubble has she been living in? A good paying job, with a contract, isn't something to just throw away.



No comments:

Post a Comment