Monday, July 26, 2010

A perfect weekend

Today was the end of a good weekend.

Called Jascarine to see how 'the kids' were doing. Simba as adapted and adopted his new home and humans so well, that he is already sitting in laps. Lucy, like usual, is still a bit shy, but it's only been two weeks. Also, Simba showed them something we had told them about. If the sandbox isn't clean enough, Simba will show them. He dug, swept and scooped ALL the litter out onto the floor, deliberately and with forethought. Then stood there waiting for it to be properly tidied and refilled. Jascrine was amused by this, and not fussed as they have hardwood floors. Was easy to clean up.

A friends' cat is recovering, and back at home.

Archery was pretty good today. We had the state coach wandering up and down the line.. well coaching. Funnily enough, he didn't stop and coach me, as I was using a horsebow, rather than a standard recurve. Telling me to stand up straight, or not hold the bow so tightly would have had me telling him "With all due respect, sir, if I did that, the arrow would fall off the back of my hand." But he did give Aikidomayland a good tip about something I had told him he was doing. When he starts getting tired, he tends to lift his shoulder. I guess he believed it coming from an 'expert'.

Aikidomayland and I had a hankering for pancakes, so that's what I made for lunch. He was surprised at just how easy it is to mix up. He likes watching me make this as I just do it, no recipe book, just get it ready.

Aikidomayland umm 'grew a pair' and told his mother that he likes his job and has not plans to quit, but if a better job offer came by, he would 'consider' it.

He and I also cooked dinner together. Was very nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment