Wednesday, November 3, 2010

AcerRacer is almost set up

To the point I am comfortable having the Acer Tech Support Courier pick up "Cheetah" for a Chipset refit.

My only problem is that I don't know if it's just going to be a chipset replacement, or machine replacement. If it's a machine replacement, many of my programs will have to be re-registered due to the computer having a different machine ID. I have emailed certain software vendors about this and only one has gotten back to me. I will 'remind' them again the day before Cheetah is picked up.

I'm not surprised, but it seems that it was Vista that was causing all the overheating issues and other massive problems with this computer.

Since I have been typing on a full sized keyboard, it's strange to be typing on laptop again. The action is a lot different.

Well, here's hoping Cheetah gets the refit and all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment