Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saga of the Acer All in ONe

I got the machine back just a little over two days ago.

I looked at the work order, and started scratching my head. Showed it to Alan and he said "WTF?"

According to the work order, I said the machine was unstable and I had no display.

How the hell did they get that from "The faulty chipset is causing a Grey Screen of Death and I have to do a hard restart"?

Ok, next item: They claimed the "casing was badly damaged". Both Alan and I said "WTF?" I took pics of the computer as I was packing it up. It wasn't damaged!

All they did was run diagnosis on the harddrive, the CPUS, the memory and the mainboard. They did NOTHING about the video chipset. NOTHING. All they did was reset to factory defaults and shipped it back to me.

So, I started the tedious process of reinstalling my programs, uninstalling worthless crap that came preinstalled. I find out that one of my USB ports on the left side can't 'recognise' any device plugged in there. On top of that, two days later, while mounting an ISO image on a virtual drive, guess what? I got the fewking GREY SCREEN OF DEATH again!

It can't be the software, as I have the exact same software installed on my laptop and it runs without this problem.

The Acer Saga has been going on a year now, ever since Acer shipped the wrong computer to Disc World. I am to the point I want to take this computer to HN and smash it on the floor, the money be DAMNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment