Monday, November 29, 2010

Because I don't trust Acer Repair

I have taken photographs of the Windows Licence, the computers model and serial number, the back, the front and the sides.

The last communication I got from John A was that his tech said I "installed Win 7 Pro". No, I didn't. I did, however, take advantage of the "Anytime Upgrage" as I needed certain features that Pro had that Home Premium didn't. They states this as if this negates my warranty, but after talking to Microsoft (Singapore), and two Acer reps I have been duly informed that it does not void my warranty, as it was not a pirate upgrade, but legally purchased one as an option giving my Microsoft, and tacitly, Acer by installing said "Anytime Upgrade".

The Z5601 is packed up in the same box they returned it to me in. Now, it's a matter of twiddling my thumbs until they decide to send me a shipping label for their courier, and a mailing address.

And oh yes, I am making sure all of the phone handsets are fully charged, because I am going to call them in the morning, on top of the support tickets and sending them formal letter of complaint. I am going to make them fix my computer just to stop me from nagging them.


No comments:

Post a Comment