Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hello, my name is Squeaky Wheel...

Time for some grease!

I got up early, brewed some coffee, and made sure all telephone handsets were fully charged.

I then sat down, wrote out some talking points, and salient issues. Then I girded my loins and called Acer Tech Support. After proceeding through the automated menus, I was told I was #3 in line. I waited.

The "On hold" Flamenco music was nice.. the first few times. I felt my eyes crossing after 15 minutes of listening to it.

Suddenly, "Hello, thank you for Calling Acer Tech support. My name is "E", how can I help you."

I laid it all out, calmly, patiently, about the GSOD still happening, the machine returned with a non-functioning USB port, and even pointed out about how John A insinuated that my upgrading to Win 7 Pro through legal avenues was the cause of all my ills. She put me on hold for about a minute to ask her supervisor if this was true, and was told exactly what I was told.. No, Windows Pro would not cause it. I also told her that I had the exact same software, minus the touch screen specific software, on the computer I'm using right this moment, and I have never had it go GSOD when using graphic programs.

She asked me if I still had the original packaging the computer came in. I was thanking heaven and earth that Aikidomayland is an auditor, and I am former computer store tech, because not only do I have it, I even have the film that was over the screen to protect it from being scratched! I said yes, and Lo and BEHOLD! I will be getting an Onsite service! Part will arrive to him Wednesday, and he will call to arrange time for my convenience! And if he can't fix it, I am getting a new machine! I was also asked to provide a photograph of the GSOD (which I have).



No comments:

Post a Comment