Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Customizing my Android Tablet

There are a few things any Android user is aware of. Limited screen space for shortcuts. I got a nifty app Launch X Pro, made 5 widgets that can be scrolled through. I could have made just one, but for now, the 5 categories work fine.

Also, I found it a bit annoying that the Launcher for my Suli didn't allow for launch screen rotation. It's capable of it, as all the programs/apps rotate. Even the crappy ePad did that much. Easily enough fixed. I tried ADW.Launcher. It worked, but it was a memory hog. Uninstalled it and tried Zeam instead. Much smaller footprint and memory use is much less, too.

Also, the Kindle App for android issue: the support guy for Kindle has tried to say that because the Kindle App wasn't preinstalled, that is why I have problems with some ebooks. Have found out that other people who have Android phones or tablets without it preinstalled aren't having this problem, but it's a known issue. But since it affects only a small percentage of Android Users, they aren't going to bother trying to fix it.

Fine, I will just keep 'convincing' the e-books I buy to play nice. It's not something I want to do, but more like painted into a corner to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment