Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What a weekend

A friends big Five Oh, and then we went to see a lovely lady, Mrs T. :) She is such good company, any time with her is great.

Then Wing and I went to the Sculpture By the Sea at Cottesloe Beach. Amazing works there. What annoyed me is that even with the very obvious DO NOT TOUCH PLEASE signs, there were adults doing just that. There was one sculpture where I saw a woman try to bend part of it to see what it was made from. I said "Umm the sign says DO NOT TOUCH.. probably because the thing is fragile." She harumphed at me, but left it alone.

Surprizingly, Wing was.. irked that I spoke up. I then quoted the line that Mrs T said to us earlier the same day. "If you stand by and watch something wrong being done, you are just as guilty as the wrong-doer."

This was the sculpture being pawed, and no, it wasn't any of the people in the photo doing so.



No comments:

Post a Comment