Monday, September 24, 2012

I survived my first Aussie Wedding shoot

It was one of the happiest wedding ceremonies in a church I have seen in ages. Very upbeat, no doom and gloom passages, but those with love and light. Wing was rather unsure of himself, although many have told him he could do this, but with my 'permission', we had Bob Litchfield (one helluva master photographer, and a good friend. My deepest thanks for all your support and advice. Muchly appreciated) ride shotgun. A bit of pre-game light tests, and we were ready to rock and roll.

Derek and Alexander were smiling so large, if it had been any wider, it would have met on the backs of their heads! Margaret was stunning. I know most people say that about brides, but she was just stunning. Julia was a beautiful bridesmaid and Anabelle.. seriously, she had to be cute, adorable and she was. Got many excellent photos in the church. I was complimented on my "Ninja Skills" of getting close in photos, but not being obtrusive.

Between Wing, Bob, and myself, I think we captured the moment, and moments, wonderfully.

No rest for the wicked, and we were off to the reception. Wing and I worked the room, getting photos of the beautifully decked out tables, the lovely flower arrangements, and then the guest seated at the tables. I managed to get some pretty good 'crowd reactions' from some of the speeches (Sorry, Alexander, that one of you is a keeper), and the wedding cake.

We kind of crawled into the house close to midnight, exhausted, but happy.

Now, the hard work begins.. in the process of transferring all the photos to the hard drive, to starts going through them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment