Friday, September 28, 2012

Lime Trees aren't supposed to have freckles!

Did the weekly round of weeding and feeding all my potted plants. I got to my lime tree and was greeted with the fact that ants have set it up to their local aphid farm. Uh, no. Broke out the organic pesticide, sprayed the tree, including the trunk of it. Then fed the tree some really smelly plant food.

The pruning back of the fig tree worked a treat! The new branches are growing up not just out. Also, new branches on the pruned back ones.

The Star Jasmine has bud showing, so it got a good feed.

Last summer, even though I kept them in the shade and as moist as possible, the potted orchids didn't fare too well. I thought I had lost them all, but am please to say that some of the bulbs I thought were all dead are sprouting new blades. Still, one pot of them has nothing growing out of half of them. I'll probably transplant the survivors in a new pot. Also, if (maybe when) it gets that hot for that many consecutive day again, I will bring them indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment