Monday, December 9, 2013

Sorry, UBISOFT, you do NOT own the word "Assassin"

Although my photos pre-date their game by a year, UBIsoft has decided that the word ASSASSIN retroactively belongs to them and only them. Guess again. My response to them:



Dear UIBSOFT, in early 2007, I did a concept photography session in my home. I made prints of these photos and sold them at art show and printed on demand, and have been selling their for the past 6, almost 7 years. I did this before your "Assassins CREED" game came out.

The reason I'm saying this is my 3 photo series is called "The Assassin's Guild Meeting". You filed an IP violation against my images on one my photo hosting/sale sites. My photos predate your game. The titles of my photos predate your game. You don't own the word ASSASSIN.

The name of my photo series is "Assassin's Guild". NOT Assassin's Creed, which I never heard of until now, I had to search the internet to find information about this game.

I have filed a counter claim, as the EXIF data on my images shows without a doubt, they predate your game.

No comments:

Post a Comment