Thursday, January 4, 2018

Dammit

I slept for almost 8 hours. Amazing what the combination of exhaustion and pain meds can do.  I was so happy to have been just taking the non-analgesic anti-inflammatory in the morning, and not taking the pain meds. 

Now, I'm hobbling into the kitchen to take them. 

Have left the Targin alone though. I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms so not really worried about addiction regarding it, but I feel it's a level of pain management I don't need.

It's not the knee, nor is there any breaks/micro fractures in the shin. Interesting test, use of a tuning fork. Bip, place on shin.  If there had been any breaks, it would have been extremely painful. I just felt cold metal of the tuning fork.

Matt checked for heat (sign of inflammation) and for deep vein thrombosis (palping the calf muscle..ouch) but it's none of those. There is a thin muscle between the tibia and fibula, that goes down and across the foot (the tibialis anterior). THAT is what is giving me all this grief.  The knee itself is fine.  

Matt said that as much of a downer this is (I was so happy to be able to DO things, albeit at a slow pace, but still able) it's only a set back, and it will get better.  Depressing, yes, but not untreatable.

Pardon me while I go mope/cry for a bit, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment