Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Dear Microsoft

You knew your "Meltdown Patch" was buggy, for Windows v7, 8, 10, but you released it. Not only that, you send out NOTHING to tell people to remove this patch!


I used two DVD/Blu-Ray play back programs (there are always discs that won't play in one program, but will in the other) TotalMedia Theater 6, and PowerDVD17. I had a problem with play back being too dark in PowerDVD about 10 days ago. So, I started TMT6... and it wouldn't start. I checked TaskManager, and noticed it started up, but then just stopped/disappeared.


A few minutes of searching on AV/Tech forums I found out that the patch is what caused it.


So, if you're having an issue with tried and true programs suddenly just not started, check to see if your most recent update is listed here, and remove it.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment