Sunday, January 7, 2018

This is why Tech Support gets such a bad rap

I emailed Corel support for a problem I'm having with WinDVD Pro 12. Here's the correspondence.

My support request. When I try to play any disk folder/DVD folder with WinDVDPro 12, it's choppy and intermittent. I have already checked for updates, have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have moved the disk folder from one HDD to another, and it does no good. My graphics drivers are up to date.

His reply: My name is Abdel and I have been assigned to your case. We really appreciate you bringing your query to our support team, rest assured that we will give you the best support for any concerns. Regarding your concern, I would suggest you uninstall and reinstall the program. Let me know how it works.

My response: As I typed out in my support request, I had already uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it didn't do any good. Did you just read the subject line, and not the body of the message?

I told him I already followed all the online troubleshooting steps, and he gives me a copy/paste from the @#%$&@ FAQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment