Monday, January 1, 2018

Nope... They don't make it easy

Even though I had formatted the Western Digital MyBook HDD, it still had almost 800gbs of encrypted space on an unreadable partition, compliments of the encrypted data bridge.  Windows native disk management tool couldn't handle the problem, no matter what we tried.

Luckily for me, I had gotten MiniTool Partitioning Wizard a few years ago.

Yay! The MiniTool Partitioning Wizard worked. Was able to remove the partitions from the WD HDD. Because of Western Digital hard-wiring encryption on the data bridge card, I had to convert the drive from MBR to GPT. Drive formatted, Simple volume, letter designation.. check! Now moving the files back to it from the temporary storage.

And the good part is.. I get to do it two more times. :p  First world problems, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment