Monday, January 17, 2022

Definitely worth watching

Just finished watching "The Tender Bar", a movie based on the memoir J.R. Moehringer.  It was a slice of life from my own childhood into young adulthood (alas, unlike J.R. even though I was accepted into UConn, I couldn't get the financial aspect of it.  Even to the point of the man who wasn't my father, but who was my dad, giving me his grey Cadillac, nicknamed "The Grey Ghost.

Child in a bar sipping on a beer mug of soda. Fine.
Child running down to the bar to get his grandpa a pack of smokes, also fine.

Yeah, so I would say this movie hit more than a few notes. It also opened up some old wounds (not about UConn, but other things). Well written, brilliantly cast and acting was excellent.

Know when to cut your losses, know when to not back down, and know how to follow that dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment