Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Thanks, Samsung

Really... thank you. For not informing millions of Smart Watch users that you were deliberately preventing Gear 2, and other models of watches/fitness trackers, from connecting to your shiny new phone. Not because they can't connect, but because you blocked it.

AND the fun part is the only way people using these models find it is when they go to pair the watch with the new phone. 

The information is on the web, you say?  Yeah, but how do you know you have to LOOK for it until the problem arises?

And don't give me the bullshit about Gear2 being 'old tech'.  That sort of thinking is why landfills are having such a problem.

So, instead of selling my S9, I am going to use it as my own mini Samsung data hub. It will be used to record sleep, activity and everything else.

My only issue is now I won't get message notifications on my watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment