Monday, September 15, 2008

Is there something as being too good with digital painting program?

I was asked if I had taken a public domain image off the net (nope) and digitally manipulated it to pass it off as something I made (again nope)

I had recorded a show about the Hubble telescope. I decided to re-create one of the recorded images in TB. I had started it out with the usual acrylics, airbrushes etc etc. I used a grid to make sure everything was lined up as it was supposed to be.

After a recent update with TwistedBrush, and a new tool added, I saw a great way to improve and enhance my artwork. I ported in the original digital painting, which I knew needed more work, and using it as my source, used the new tools (the whole assortment, basic, airbrush, textured, all I felt that made it look good) and worked it adding 4 layers of colors and textures, to make it pop.

Is there such a thing as being 'too good'?



No comments:

Post a Comment