Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Toys errr 'additional tools"

Macro light ring arrived, and it does work. However...(you had to know that was coming) it will line up perfectly when I use the adaptor right, but is slightly crooked (instead of straight up and down 12/6, more like 1/7) if I keep the safety filter on. Not the sellers fault. The gears are whirring in my head on how to have it tighten up to align correctly when using a safety filter. Thinking of lining the threads with a piece of plumbers tape. That would do it. I really don't want to use camera (either one of them) without a safety lens/filter on it.

Color filters came in, and are perfect. I know you can change the tint digitally, but that can cause pixel problems. Also, from doing astronomy, I know certain color filters will enhance specific things.

Must go re-arrange camera bag yet again. Oh the suffering. >:)



No comments:

Post a Comment