Sunday, September 21, 2008

Today has been Monday, disguised as a Sunday

Loki got me up at Dark Thirty O'clock again. Cloudy and rainy, not great weather for archery, but it seems to have cleared up enough for archery.

On the way there, we got rear ended while we were at a stop sign. *insert crunching noises here* Luckily for us, we have a tow hitch. It just sustained a few scratches. The car that hit us, different story. The bumper on the passenger side was decidely droopy. Seems the driver of the car that hit us wasn't interested in calling cops or trading info, as he had been following too closely.

We arrived at the archery range, a bit delayed, but intact. We gear up and get to the shooting line.

My first shot, the nock on my arrow broke, causing a misfire which sent the arrow back towards me. Kinda put me off for the next 5 arrows, worrying if it would happen again. 2nd round, I was getting into the groove and then it suddenly stared raining. I don't mean drizzling, even just rain. I'm talking about monsoon type rain, soaked to the skin under 15 seconds. We managed to get most of our gear (with the exception of one of Aikidomayland's arrows) and headed home.

About 20 ft from the driveway, some idiot almost hit us head on because the silly boy, driving daddys' car, was on the wrong side of the road!

I think the universe is trying to tell us to stay home. We will heed that advise.



No comments:

Post a Comment