Monday, April 20, 2009

Mostly finished

The netbook is almost totally set up. Just have a few more bells and whistles to install. I would also like to max out the memory, but haven't had any luck whatsoever on how to do it.  Many many pages on it's specifications, but nothing visual on where and how.

Clipped, stapled and printed out all the needed information for rebate. Will be getting close to 1/4 of the price back. That's not too shabby. Yes, I know there is a new model now, but I honestly didn't feel 1.3 inch bigger screen was worth an extra $250. Plus it was bigger and heavier, and my trip to Albany and SwanCon has shown me that any extra weight, even a little bit, hanging off your shoulders long enough is exhausting and painful.

New archery rules from ASWA, and they are an accident waiting to happen. The fence was taken down from around the archery range. Oh, there are neat posts there now, but wide open. With some rebar with red twine/thin rope strung up.  Can't keep fools who refuse to heed the "SUNSET COAST ARCHERY CLUB! DANGER! SHOOTING IN PROGRESS! KEEP OUT" out now. Had to stop three times because some moron decided to come toward the archery line from behind the targets.  Maybe practicing for his/her Darwin Award. Oy.

Went to Foo Gwai afterward, where we did a proper pork bun sacrifice to Akire-yta . *urp* and all was good.

Aikidomayland  is out having coffee with his mom, and helping her with some items at Bunnings. Oh, I have a feeling I am going to be asked to assist with this, as neither of them are overly adept using tools.


The 'small gods' are playing with me. Came home yesterday with the new contacts, and put my glasses down. Somewhere 'safe' it seems, as they have vanished. I still have my old reading glasses to wear if the contacts get to be too much with dust, pollen, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment