Saturday, April 18, 2009

Such a simple thing, but it works

Every month, I update a text file of my serial, license and registration numbers. Then I email it to my gmail account. This little maneuver has saved me hours upon hours of setting replacement computers.

I have taken Ginmar's advice, and after some dickering I have replaced my laboring Pocket PC with an netbook. I will say the lack of DVD drive is a bit irksome, but not insurmountable. An external, or just networking with the other computers gets me most of the items I need.

Also, ShadoutCarver is right. Sharpies are no where near 'permanent' as they used to be. I have worn off the letters from my keyboard, and tried to use a Silver Sharpie to 'replace' the letters and left it to dry overnight. Wore off in less than 2 hrs of typing. So much for permanent.

Also got a new tea kettle. The old one kept flipping the circuit breaker.



No comments:

Post a Comment