Saturday, April 11, 2009

SwanCon, yesterday

Got home too durned late to do anything remotely to do with weblogging.

So, quick sum up.  Lunch with Trudi and Paul was a lot of fun.  Got back in time for the GOH session.  Next was our TATTOO YOU panel. Unfortunately the GOH ran late, and we our Tattooing panel/discussion got cut very short.  Such is life.

Next came the auction. I had one thing in mind. Trudi Canavan's Age of the Five series audio books. (looks over at them) I was implacable.  I also got Aikidomayland  season 1 of Millennium.

Book launch was interesting and fun! Jenny Blackford was launching her new book The Priestess and the Slave. When all the attendees had arrived, Ouzo was being poured and handed out. I quipped "This is a switch. The authors trying to get the con goers pissed." Much laughter. As luck and timing would have it, I got a photograph of Jenny as she was gesturing about something, and lets just say it looks like her hands are positioned like a living bra.

Got to talk to Richard K Morgan for about an hour. He and Trudi are the most approachable Con guests ever.

Today, we are taking Trudi and Paul out on some sight seeing. Should be fun.  :)



2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra,

    Enjoyed reading your post - it's the only post I've seen about Swancon so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda. Sorry I haven't answered before this, but no net access where the convention is, and by the time I get home, I just make a post and then pass out. Long long days. :)

    ReplyDelete