Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A day in the life

Un-son, Robin offered me a trip into the city (he was taking a family friend too). It felt good to get out and about at a leisurely pace.

Visited "Dick Smith" and got yet again a new set of earbuds. This time will try to hang onto the receipt as they are guaranteed for a year.

Also got the "For Dummies" book for PhotoShop CS5. I have found the "For Dummies" books a bit less... how to put this. When I read the more techie manuals, my brain goes numb, and my eyes glaze over reading the same terms over and over. So, here I am with my highlighter pens, and post-it note tabs at the ready.

And on the slightly sadder front, I went to visit Barra, Un-son, Robin's 15 yr old dog. She is having more and more difficulty getting up and down, and she falls over because her hind legs just can't hold her up, they are so muscle wasted and weak now. Tomorrow she will be taken to the vet for the last time, with her human family around. I remember the first time I bribed her with a huge ham bone almost 10 yrs ago. If I had one today, I would give her one last one.

Sleep well, Barra, you have been a good neighbor, and I'll miss you.



No comments:

Post a Comment