Saturday, September 11, 2010

More new rules at the local pharmacy

Because of a few (proportionally) people abusing Nurofen Plus, or Panadiene, things have changed. Not only have they reduced the size of the packages (I liked not having to get it more than once every few months) but now you can only get one or the other at the same time.

Their reasoning: go to your doctor (shell out $79 for the visit) and then get a prescription (if said doctor feels it's necessary, and let me tell you, it has been my experience that the GPs could give a shit how much pain you are in as long as they don't have to fill out extra paperwork for strong pain medication scripts), which will end up costing well over $100 vs maybe $25.

After my back surgery, I was given a combination of Nurofen Plus and Panadiene. I was told to use as necessary afterward. Who knew I was going to have to tag team pharmacies to follow that.

So, thank you to all the fuqtards that felt cooking down an over the counter medication for addling your brains was a good idea. Should I meet one of you, don't be surprised if a padded cricket bat comes swinging your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment