Sunday, September 5, 2010

Well, that was a letdown

Sat through AussieCon Masquerade. It was... lacking.

Also, the 'judges'... I don't know what was up their butts besides shit, but I exited the room and was disoriented. I looked around to see if Aikidomayland was anywhere nearby. I got snarled at by the 'judges' that I couldn't be there. I explained I was trying to find someone, and was snarled at again to look somewhere else. I admit, I returned their snark by saying "Well excuse me for breathing."

This place is huge and I got disoriented, so would it have been any skin off their noses to give me 15 fucking seconds to get my bearings? Also, the area was not posted as 'off limits', so their comments were, shall we say, out of line.

I'm not one of the masquerade entrants, nor am I a friend or family member of one.

So, not only was the WorldCon masquerade very disappointing, the 'judges' really put a sour note at the end of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment