Sunday, August 28, 2011

The new computer has arrived

Well, the 2nd new one arrived. Would you believe the first one I brought back home had to go back to Harvey Norman because some bright sparks at Acer forgot to install the OS, and still shipped it to Harvey Norman. *headdesk*

Well, the guys at HN were great, while I was boxing up the No OS Brian was taking one down, and checked it, and even made recovery discs for me. He said if that didn't work, he would just give me a full cash refund and I could go shopping.

The good news is though, no more overheating, and this beast was actually designed to use an external 2nd monitor, and there is no problem with the video playing this time.

Unfortunately, those back ups I made won't work with the new one, so it will be a few weeks before I get everything set up even close to the way I had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment