Monday, August 15, 2011

Remember when..

345 Meg hard drives were huge? Even when a 10 meg hd was 'all the space you would need'.

The only reason I mention this is I have a 500 gb hd that I have been using for making system back ups. I have one on a smaller drive that I did shortly after the 'right' computer showed up. Installed some basic programs then made a system back up. I put that one away in a drawer to not be used unless of complete hd failure. But regarding the 500 gb drive, the problem is there is only 2.5 megabytes left of free space. I have next back up scheduled in about a week, and have changed space settings as to delete the older system images/data. Even with this, I will be hard pressed to have enough space.

I could get another large externally powered storage drive, but I want the ability to unplug the drive, and put it somewhere secure and not have to working about finding a power adapter along with the USB cord. So, I went 'shopping' and have gotten two USB powered 1 tb drives. I figured that terabyte drive would be the way to go, as that is what the full size if of the drive in the computer, both C and the D:\Data.

No comments:

Post a Comment