Friday, August 19, 2011

Photoshop/Photography Tools

My external flash was having a problem. Turned out to be a small bit of dirt on one of the contacts. That was what was causing the to flash not only quit too soon, but concentrate on just one part of the subjects face, thereby giving an uneven exposure.

Yes, I could have tried using the burn tool, but that can leave the tones flattened, or tried selecting the over bright areas and tried lowering it, but there would be a demarcation.

The Photoshop tool I used was Viveza by NikSoftware. It allowed me to select the over bright (not overexposed, luckily) and lower the brightness of the selected tones only.





Viveza v2 seems to only work with Photoshop or Lightroom but the earlier version can be used as an a plug in if the software is capable of using "Adobe Compatible" plugins. Of course, it could be that the v2 I have is for 64bit, but I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment