Friday, July 31, 2009

Got lots done

The past few days of sunshine and warmth (relative warmth) has inspired a plethora of yard work and gardening.

I hired Un-son, Robin to spread mulch around the plant bed in front of the house, and on the upper level of the front yard. I had tried, moved about 5 containers of it, and it laid me up for almost 2 weeks.  I really wanted the mulch spread out before it started decomposing too much. I don't mind it being a bit loamy, as that is good for the plants.

Today, I went out there with my clippers and give the lillipilly a close trim, so it will shrub up rather than out. Got rid off all the dead and dying fronds on the Bird of Paradise plant. Put the clippings in the new compost bin in the back yard.

Also, had an unpleasant surprise from Ziggy. Not only was she stress toileting on the stone floor, she decided to pee on the carpet I had spent weeks last year getting the leftover odors of Affy out.  So, I used my cold water rug shampooers, with "Animal Odor Removing" shampoo. It helped, but I will probably do it more than the two times I already have.  I have also swabbed down all the wooden items around there with lavender oil.  I think between the shampooing and the lavender oil, the smell will be conquered. I did tell Aikidomayland  that if Ziggy keeps doing this, he will have a new hobby. Cleaning up after her.



No comments:

Post a Comment