Monday, July 20, 2009

*Smash forehead on keyboard to continue*

Since my son mentioned that my painting looked like the Seraphim in "Sacred", I decided to get the game. Installed without a hitch, even went through that annoying 'You must activate this game" bs that Microsoft seems to think stops people from hacking their games.

Started the game, and the mouse crawled at a glacial speed across the screen. :-/ I persevered and played for a while, and it was fun. I checked to see if there were any updates or patches, and there were.

I download one. 800+ megs. "Sacred 2 update could not find Fallen Angel on your system. Please reinstall the game." Huh? Time for Google. It seems that is a common problem, so I follow the links to another patch. Over one gig, but I grab that one, double click the file and three guesses? "Sacred 2 update could not find Fallen Angel on your system. Please reinstall the game." One more time, back to Google. I find a smaller patch file, 400 megs. Download that, and voila! it worked.

I start the game, only to find out one of the things the patch fixed was having the game 'call home' for an update. Grrrrrr. Start downloading that one. 2hrs later, update is applied. I start the game and and the mouse is working fine, scrolling smooth and quick, but the graphics are all blown to hell. Whohuhwa..?

Double clicked the update checker.. and there is yet ANOTHER patch. Waiting for that to finish downloading.



No comments:

Post a Comment