Friday, July 10, 2009

More from "As the Stomach Churns!"

Subtitle: the inanity of tech support.

I have a great program. BlazeHDTV 3.5 It works great. But there is a small issue with it. It's supposed to work in "Desktop Mode". For those who don't know what that is, it plays on the desktop like the Wallpaper.

I have tried to use this program on two different, almost identical computers, but running different OS, and the problem persists. Drivers are up to date. So I send them a support request.

"Desktop mode doesn't work. I have tried it on two different computers, running different OS, and it doesn't work. (insert Fully name, and serial number here) Thank you."

I get :

Please send us your full name, date of purchase, confirmation number for further assistance.

I do so.

I get:

"The latest version Blaze HDTV 3.5 can be download from (insert link here). Your serial no# is *************. Thank you for your purchase."

Huh, what?

I sent them a rather scathing reply.

NO, I don't need a new copy of it! I freaking using it NOW to watch a DVD! I requested TECH SUPPORT!

Desktop mode doesn't work. I have tried it on TWO DIFFERENT COMPUTERS. Both computers are Core 2 Duos, 4 gigs ram, 752 megs video memory, one is running Vista Home Premium, the other was running XP Pro.

One more time, just in case you didn't get it.

Desk Top Mode Doesn't Work. Greyed Out On the MENU. Can Not Be Selected. Tried to use it on two different computers, with the same problem.

Have I made myself clear this time?

Yes Amun-Aten, I do sometimes get the impression that corporations only hire mental defectives?



No comments:

Post a Comment