Thursday, August 12, 2010

Power flicker at worst &$%#$@$ moment

I was opening email program to answer someone, and the power flickered just enough to power down the computer.

Everything booted up ok, so I went back to what I had originally started to do, only to find that it wouldn't get past the email programs splash screen. (insert stream of mild bad words here)

But I figured, I would just reinstall the program over itself. Problem persisted. (a few more mild bad words)

Removed all but the Data and Back up folders, and reinstalled... Problem persisted. (insert slightly stronger bad words here).

Deleted the Data folder and voila! Program started, but all my settings were gone. (insert a streak of profanity that would have made a Marines ears burn)

Luckily for me, I had an older back up of the entire program's data files. Only problem is, I have lost some addresses, and some rather important emails. Hence the streak of naughty words.



No comments:

Post a Comment