Monday, August 16, 2010

Tech manuals, even for cameras, can drive you insane

I thought I would try to sidestep some of the manual (because I couldn't find the damned thing, as I had put it 'somewhere safe) by typing questions into Google and see what would get kicked out.

Beyond annoying to find the question has been asked, click on the link, only to have some smarmy person say "Well, if you look on page XXX of the manual, you will find all the instructions on how to do it."

Grrrrrr

Tore part of the lounge apart looking for the manual, and did manage to find it. But seriously, how hard would it have been to type out "It's in the CFn1 Menu." Would have been less effort, taken less time and be helluva lot less pedantic!

On the good part, I did manage to find out how to set my Canon to ISO 12800. Look out 'Nocturnal House', here I come! (again)



No comments:

Post a Comment