Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Today has been day of planting and removal

My garden pot mover/trolley arrived today. I looked at the poorly pictographed instructions, and managed to put it together without them with no spare parts left over.

Moved my potted lavender plant into the back yard without a hitch or wince. From there, I transplanted the 5 lemongrass plants mother in law gave me (the pot and sand they were in were just for transporting, not for growing). Transplanted my dill plant too, and I think it sighed with relief. It was rather pot bound. Next, it was topping up the other planters/pots with some more potting mix. Time to mix up the horrible smelling plant food, and give 'em all a good drink. Gave the Jasmine and Honeysuckle vines a good watering. "Rained" or the three orchid pots for good measure.

Mixed up another watering can of vile smelling plant food, gave the lime tree a good dousing over the leaves and in the pot. Spread the wealth to the rosemary, sage, fig tree and lillipilli.

(we now take a break for 1c of fruit salad, and two slices of wholemeal bread for lunch.. urp)

Back to work. Cleaned off the limestone blocks of the spilled potting soil, and plant food staining. Shoveled the sand from the lemongrass transfer pot into the cat's outdoor 'sand box'. Oops, I went and made a clear spot. Had to keep going. Got my gardening gloves, my fly netting for my head, my long handled fork/hoe, a shovel and a broom and went to work pulling weeds out of the ground before they get another foothold.

Right now, I am sipping a nice cold Dr Pepper. Alan or Wing can put the goodly sized pile of weeds into the bin. I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment