Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Again, I pay the piper for the dance

Yesterday was great. Light Play 2 photography workshop. It was how to use off camera flash in outdoor settings. Yes, I know there are 'purists' that think you should make due with available light all of the time, but pish tosh! If you have the tools to make sure your subject or subjects are evenly lit, or to create ambiance, you use it.

We had two models, and they were great. Took direction, were great at anticipating what was required. Excellent sessions in 3 places. A Park, a Junk Yard and a vineyard. Results were outstanding.

Then, it was the Night portion of Light Play 2. Long exposure, fire and photography. What could be more fun?


After all the adrenaline wore off, my chickens came home to roost. Lower back seized up, knee started singing, and left foot was.. hmm. Sore. yeah, ok, sore. Managed to put camera gear away, get into jammies, and I really don't remember crawling into bed.

Woke up this morning and could not move. I had to have a bit of incentive. Funny, mentioning "bit". Loki was most annoyed that we went away and abandoned them forever.... again. He laid across my lower legs, wrapped his front paws around them, and started biting my feed and legs. Not hard, but it was motivation enough to get my creaking, slow moving self out of the bed. Some coffee, some pain medication, some breakfast (in that order) I began going through and processing the photos. Wow.


Nene and Mal at the park



At the Junkyard



At the vineyard



Globe and Dome - more long exposure photography.




Rain of Fire - Umbrella a requirement! Long exposure photography











No comments:

Post a Comment