Sunday, November 27, 2011

About halfway done.

Going through photos taken last night. So many good ones, but being brutal with culling. A few photos, I have worked some 'digital magic' (taking a foot from one photo, and putting on a better photo where the foot was cut off, fixing closed eyes from one photo by porting them in from one with eyes open), but I won't be doing that with many. So far, it's taking me about 1 minute with each "not need fixing" photo. Mostly check for noise, and a crop if necessary.

The show last night was fabulous. And I discovered something. Covering an event like that... it's exhausting. My lazy backside didn't get out of bed until after 9am. Anyone who thinks that taking photos isn't work, I dare you to get out there and take more than just 'happy snaps'. And do it for several hours, non stop. Interact with the people, jolly them into relaxation and a smile. Then take into account camera, lens, battery grip, and on a belt, a few lenses to swap out. I think I need a nap and I've only been awake for 3 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment