Thursday, November 10, 2011

Why do things have to be so damned complicated.

Wing gave me a new macro lens for our anniversary. (another mental hug your way, dear).

I have a Macro light ring, with adapters, but the only adapter I don't have is for the new lens. So, off on a net hunt I go, looking for an adapters. First I didn't find any, then I did manage to find one for my camera. $55. I would need three of them. Hmmm

So, I typed in a different search term, and located a rather inexpensive macro flash ring that had every adapter size I would need (55, 62, 72, 77mm thread) for $38. Yes, cheap one, but I was looking for adapters.

Then I changed my search a little bit again, found a good, yet inexpensive (last years model) TTL macro flash ring, but it only had two of the adapter ring sizes (55 and 62mm).

So, it comes down to this: my best option is to get the cheap flash ring for the adapters, and the good macro flash ring to use, and keep the cheap one in storage in case of breakage.

No comments:

Post a Comment