Saturday, November 12, 2011

Conversations in real time:

A friend of mine, who works long hours, can only go jogging or walking at night. He recounted a chance meeting with local law enforcement officer (who I think was pissed off working the late shift)

DJ: Police Officer: "Don't you think a guy dressed all in black, running down a dark street at 10:30 at night is kinda suspicious?"
DJ: "Unless he's running down the street with a TV under his arm, no."
(Me: LOL)
(Me: you got pulled over for jogging?)
DJ : I was out for my daily walk/jog, and a cop stopped me as a "suspicious person".
DJ : he was like, "What are you doing?"
DJ "Walking, jogging, being active."
Police Officer "Why are you doing it at this hour?"
DJ: o.O
DJ: "Why are you questioning a citizen who has done nothing wrong?"
Police Officer: "I asked you a question, you'll answer it."
DJ: "Because exercise is good for you, and this is the time I had available. Walking and jogging in public isn't a fucking crime."
Police Officer: "I am an officer of the law and you will address me with respect!"
DJ: "FINE! Walking and jogging in public isn't a fucking crime, SIR."
(Me: LOL good for you!)
DJ: he was soooooooo not amused. but once he realized who my father is, and realized he'd get absolutely nowhere in the conversation with me, he let me go

No comments:

Post a Comment