Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It was bound to happen

Took a few years, but it did.

Yesterday, I had a dry throat feeling, and I kept trying to convince myself that it was just because of the small heater I was using.

About 9pm last night, I felt chilled and oh so tired. I went to bed, only to wake up with aikidomayland complaining that I was snoring. Well shit, nose clogged, throat sore, asthma kicking in and he is surprised? If I did this 'waking him up every time he snored" to him he would NEVER get any sleep. He kept doing this until I got pissed off and said "Your compassion about me not feeling well is truly underwhelming." I got up and tried to sleep elsewhere, but it was just too frigging cold!

I finally crawled back into bed, telling him to in no uncertain words "To zip it, I didn't want to hear it." He woke up at the usual time, whining that he wasn't feeling well and would call in sick.

I glared, or at least tired to.

"I.... don't..... care."

This might seem harsh, but he is always, and I mean always, umm unkind if I or Alan are ill. It's as if we are faking, slacking off or something, I dunno. But when he is ill.... it's the return of the pnuemonic plague.

I prepared LEMSIP for us both. His was the nighttime variety. He sleeping again.



No comments:

Post a Comment