Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Weekend wrap up

Pillaging was minimal this week, due to me making a stock pot of hearty minestrone, and fresh baked corn bread. Oh yum, and perfect weather for it. Poor Graham, the guy clearing/maintaining the yard. He said he could smell it cooking outside and it was making him hungry!

Archery on Sunday. Got to see good friend of ours, Michael S., who moved to Bunbury because of teaching opportunity. Was good move, but he is missed. Was using my hunnish bow at 30 meters, trying for consistency with the new arrows. Turns out the nocks are too tight on the string, making consistency next to impossible. Switched to my vintage target recurve. I had forgotten how sweet and easy that recurve is to shoot. Nocks not so tight on that string, so consistency was established. I quite after one end of 3 golds, 2 reds and one blue, leaving off on a high point.

Michael did mention that I am walking a lot better and faster than I did earlier this year. True, not as fast as I did prior to me becoming a cyborg, but getting there.

Another archer, John, asked me if I 'brought my camera today?" There was at least three instances of suppressed laughter behind me, as it's well known I always have a camera with me. I smiled, nodded "Of course.". He wanted to get some shots of his posture and drawing technique. He did find what he was looking for, so all good.

Headed off to Foo Gwai afterward, whereupon aikidomayland and I made pork bun sacrifice to akire-yta. *urp*

aikidomayland is still having trouble wrapping his head around the fact it's not his diet causing his high cholesterol, but his liver doing it. He still thinks he has to give up anything if it even sat next to a frying pan. He has totally forgotten that Dr N said he wished all his patients had as healthy diets as we do. Silly man, he is still thinking that after 3 months of taking the meds to lower cholesterol, he wil be able to stop. He's just not getting it. Maybe the next lecture from Dr N will sink in.

Haven't slept too well the past few nights. Been cold, and between aikidomayland and the two cats vying for warm bed space... well, any pet owner knows this routine.



No comments:

Post a Comment