Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sneaky bastitches!

They didn't know I am sneakier.

I have a very old edition of PaintShop Pro (ver 7) I have had it for years. I also have some plugins that I purchased to go with it over the years.  I emailed the companies about the plugins, as I have Corel PaintShop Pro (the 'new' owners of JASC software name PaintShop Pro), and wanted to know if the plugins could be used with it.

They told me no, but said they would give me a 'good deal'. About 2/3 of the original purchase prices.  (Imagine opening wallet and seeing moths flutter out). I can't afford to get all the plugins again!

My sneaky/thinking brain kicks is. How about I just point the new version of PSP to the directory of the PSP7 plugins, or just copy them over? Can't hurt to try. So I copied them over to the Corel PSP plugin directory.

Guess what... they all worked just fine.  So much for "They aren't compatible and you will need to update them".

I am not against paying for good programs/software. I am not against a company making money.

I am, however, very much against a company trying to screw me over.



No comments:

Post a Comment