Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back to 100%

After finally calling Texas to umm 'comment' to a software vendor that 3 days waiting for their automated password recovery system to send my password to register the software I had purchased was a bit slack on their part, I suddenly got 4 responses (one for each of the "Automated" page, and one directly from their office). My bet is the was something wrong at their end and they had nary a clue until I called and (ok, I'll be honest) bitched at them about it. I didn't use foul language, just told them that, although I know I'm not their only customer, 3 days for an automated recovery was not good customer support no matter how they sliced it.

Wasn't able to recover any of the lost artworks in progress, but I do have all the finished ones, and a few I had backed up prior to the problem. I guess I will just have to make new ones.

Right now, I am in the process of copying the "TravelMate Drivers" and all the rego files over to the C driven in preparation of making a full system back up. I have set up an automated reminded once a month, not that I will need to do a full system back up once a month, but hey, at least I will back up data files and program info (regos, serials etc).

My only complaint is why the hell when you make a full system back up, you still have to reinstall and tweak everything when you use it as a restore? You would think a 1:1 image would be just that, yes?



No comments:

Post a Comment