Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Evil Genius, or cheap b*tch?

I had gotten a small kitchen timer for $6, because the one on the stove was so quiet and faint, you could only hear it if you were in the kitchen, thereby defeating the purpose.

I wound it to the right time for baking something, and I noticed something was missing. No tick tick tick tick. So, I zeroed the timer, and the bell rang, showing me somethings inside it was still working.

I break out my screwdrivers, and started slowly taking the thing apart. As I got down to the gears, I took off my glasses so I could look closely at the clockwork gears. I spotted something. The main sprocket rod wasn't in the upper part of the housing. Unscrew the top of the housing and slowly and carefully lifted it, until I lined the rod up, pushed the top back on, tightened the screws. I nudge the wheel, and away it started.

I put it all back together, took it out to Aikidomayland and asked him "Evil genius, or cheap b*tch?" He opted for genius.



No comments:

Post a Comment