Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's going to be a long day

At 2am, Wing woke me up, calling for me in a scared voice. I leaped out of bed, and got to him, and he was shaking like a leaf, soaking in ice cold sweat, and his skin was clammy and cold. The pain in his neck (not me) was sending him into shock. I took appropriate actions, and got his skin temperature back up. Found a way for him to lay down that didn't make him sick with pain, and then gave him anti-inflammatory/anti-spasmodic. Kept watch for a while, and he was able to get to sleep. I didn't.

He has another appointment with the physio to work on neck. The consensus is he has whiplash, that he didn't take care of when it happened, and it has snowballed into what it is now.

What I don't like is he said he had to go into work today, because of scheduled meetings. He got there ok, but knowing him, he hasn't had, and won't take, anything for the pain.



No comments:

Post a Comment